Friday, October 1, 2010

THe CAAAAAAAASH Money Monsours

CAPTION: "I'm so rich that I LITERALLY couldn't wipe this shit-eating grin off my face even if my life depended on it."

First off, let me say this: I LIKE CITEH. I'm all about the NWO taking over the EPL and the Manchester Darby becoming the biggest game in English footy. That said, I was, despite myself, shocked to here today that Manchester City spent more on player wages (210 million bucks in US dollars) than they made on the ENTIRETY of their income!!! (191 million) At this point, we're talking in Monopoly Money terms...
[a quick aside to US publications like Soccernet and Foxsoccer. Is it too much to ask for you to convert figures into US dollars? I know sometimes it doesn't seem like it but... your readers aren't British! The expats go straight to BBC sports or the Sun or the Tea and crumpits or whatever effing else. Sorry expats. Thinking about rich people gets me angry]
I just have one question: Is this actually good for sootball/foccer? Is an over-inflated transfer market draped over a economic bubble that still hasn't quite popped yet (just ask ManUer, Liverstool, and Vicky Christina Barcelona) a good situation? Do we really want the THIS GUY...
...and his fellow rouge billionaires and Iron Shiekhs running all of the world's best clubs? Personally, my answer is this: The Show WILL go on. Doomsday scenarios aside, people will continue watching the sport, players will continue playing the sport... and no crazy owner, rediculous TV deal, or mass financial collapse is going to change that. So there's no reason to panic....
AGHHHH THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment