Wednesday, July 6, 2011

La Copaaaaaaa...ehhh



Tonight I will take in my first match from this Copa America.

I've spent the last week busy with work, then vacation, away from television and all you crazy bastards on Twitter.

Ok I couldn't completely leave it alone but i was only voyeuristically checking twitter hoping for signings and alas, jack shit happened. Unless you count Liverpool signing some mediocre players to ensure they, as one of their fans stated, secure a 13th place finish.

Apparently I haven't missed much. All but one match ending in draws? If I wanted to see that shit I'd watch any match between Chelsea and Liverpool. Nil nil's don't fill seats. Goals do. Let alone in America where many people can't be bothered by a great match.

I am looking forward to watching Argentina tonight and I am sure this tournament will come to life soon. I predict at least 3 goals in this match and if I'm wrong I'll eat my hat. Or maybe drink it, let me find my beer helmet just in case. But seriously they should thrash Columbia and the pressure is there following an opening round draw. With the talent at their disposal Argentina have no excuses. I expect Messi to deliver.

How absolutely batshit crazy is it that Argentina sit three world class strikers every match?!?!? I believe they will be playing with Lavezzi, Messi, and Tevez. That leaves Kun, Higuain, and Milito on the bench. Mind boggling. I bet they wish the wealth of riches could be spread to other areas of the squad, but the rest aren't exactly chumps. The embarrassment of talent in the striker position is enviable to say the least. Can't one jump ship and come to the USA? Figure out some kind of deal so we can take their talent like how Portugal poach Brazilians that want to play international football.

I expect this to heat up starting tonight! I have more to say but the match starts soon and I would like to eat first. Enjoy some real football tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment