Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Showdown at the Lane



In a few hours time, the Spuds will line up against Arsenal at the Lane in one of the most crucial North London derbies in recent history. They tend to always be cracking games, with some of the best on display here.
Each team has everything to play for, with Arsenal's title aspirations hanging by a thread, and Tottenham's Champion's League push facing a severe test in the coming week. Both squads are depleted due to injury and this should be Van Persie's first match back from injury. he should start on the bench.
This match could be a goalfest, I expect it to be an open game with plenty of chances. Realistically I could see the points going either way, with a draw the most common result at the Lane in recent years(7 draws, 2 Arsenal victories in the last 9).
I am completely unbiased when I make my prediction.


Considering that in the last decade John Terry has impregnated more teammate's exes than there have been Tottenham victories over Arsenal in the league, and that the Spuds were run ragged for 120 minutes on Sunday in their embarrassing loss to Pompey in the FA Cup, I am expecting to see more scenes like this in the near future.


Quick update: Forgot to mention 'arry's twitch. The Arseblogger reminded me of a great video of traveling Arsenal fans doing their best impressions...

No comments:

Post a Comment